Open call for artists
IN MEDIAS ARTS is seeking participants for the ART AMPLIFIED FESTIVAL. This event is open for both visual and performing artists in any and all genres, styles and mediums including but not limited to:
- Slam Poets / Orators
- Sound Artists
- Film Makers
- Visual Artists
- Musicians (all genres)
- Writers and Playwrights
- Digital Media Artists
The ART AMPLIFIED FESTIVAL is a two-day festival of new works, installations, and collaborative projects presented at THE DIRT SALON in Hartford, CT on June 16–17, 2017. The first day is an off-site workshop day for collaborators and teams to create and develop their new work, performance piece, or installation. The second day all artists will have access to the venue to further refine and prepare their performances and installations for an evening exhibition open to the public
There are two different components to the festival: premiering completed works or creating an entirely new work from scratch.
1. We are looking for artists who want to premiere completed works. Compositions, Installations, Art Exhibits and New Plays are all being accepted for performance, exhibit and reading. We ask that a performance piece be no longer than 45 minutes.
- Installations or exhibits must be able to be set up in under 4 hours.
- New plays submitted for readings can be paired with a director and cast or you may supply your own.
- Compositions submitted for workshop or premiere may supply their own musicians or we can pair you with musicians.
2. We are looking for artists who want to collaborate in creating and workshopping an entirely new work. Artists will be paired in teams with other artists from different mediums (i.e. a composer and a visual artist, an actor and a sound artist) to conceive and create a new piece. The teams will be presented with a theme and photos of their performance space on the morning of Friday, June 16, 2017 and will then work on their project all day at a satellite space in CT. On Saturday morning, everyone will reconvene at THE DIRT SALON in Hartford to rehearse during the day and later present their works at a public performance that evening.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.